An easier way to edit scripts?

Ian Summerfield iansummerfield at btconnect.com
Fri Apr 19 05:03:01 EDT 2002

On 5/4/02 12:30 am, "Dar Scott" <dsc at swcp.com> scribed:

> I'm still new to Revolution.  Editing scripts is painfully slow
> because I don't remember the name of a command or function, much
> less its syntax.  Trying to guess at the name by repeatedly typing
> ideas into the Transcript dictionary is slow.
>
> Does the script editor provide any help for the forgetful like me?
>
> Dar Scott

I only just read your message, I can't see anyone replied.  Yes, Revolution
can help you a little.  Turn on it's clairvoyance mode, select "Auto
Complete" from the view menu.    Now you can type parts of command/function
names and they'll appear down the bottom,  this is useful is you can't
remember the exact command but know part of it,  try "click".  To use one of
the suggestions type command-1 command-2 or whatever,  it's command on a
MAC, possibly control on a PC?

Another tip,  the transcript dictionary becomes more useful if you type what
you're looking for and press OPTION-RETURN,  possibly ALT-RETURN on a PC.
Instead of searching the command names only it now searches the
descriptions.