Arrays and Custom Properties

Matt Denton matt.denton at limelight.com.au
Wed Apr 17 18:09:01 EDT 2002

Howdy.

Does anyone know if you can set arrays for custom properties?

I'm trying to do something like:

on mouseUp
   put 100 into myArray["this"]
   put 200 into myArray["that"]
   set the cMyArray of button "test" to myArray
end mouseUp

...but get an array error all the time.  I've got 200 objects in the
array.

Do you know if my notation wrong?

Docs say you can:

> Custom Properties
> A custom property is a property that you define. You can create as many
> custom properties for an object as you want, and put any kind of data
> into them (even binary data). The value of a custom property can be a
> string or array.

Anyone know what's wrong?  You can copy arrays between two containers
quite easily so...

Probably simply notation...

Thanks for your help!

M@