Stacks and Menus (Mac vers. Windows)

Dreamscape Software webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Wed Apr 17 11:44:01 EDT 2002

> There, the menus are displayed in the individual windows, is there a
> way to tell a stack, to use the menu from another stack, or do I have
> to implement the menus (which can be all the same, because i need
> only save , printing and cut,copy and paste) into all stacks so that
> windows users can use them in all the open stacks ?
>
> Or is there any other way to get to my goal ?
>
> Regards
> Rolf

Well, I don't believe you can use the menus from another stack, but you can
setup your stack to use the MacOS Menu Bar instead of showing a custom menu
bar (like on Windows).  Inside the stack's properties, set the "Menu Bar"
property to the name of the stack's menuGroup.  That way when the stack is
loaded on a Mac the menus will appear in the MacOS Menu Bar, and on Windows
it will load in the Stack window.

There is also a command to hide the menuBar on the stack.  I would setup a
script to check with system the stack is being loaded on.  If it's a Mac
then hide the menuGroup.  If it's Windows then show the menuGroup.  Hope
that helps.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software, Inc.
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/