FunctionKeys

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Tue Apr 16 15:39:01 EDT 2002

At 10:44 AM -0700 4/16/2002, David Egbert wrote:
>Is there a way to get the functionkey handler to work no matter where you
>are in your project?  I was thinking that if you typed an F-Key while in a
>text field, or having a focus on a button the message would pass through
>until it got to the stack script (where the functionKey handle resides).  Is
>there a global I can set that will pass this message all the way through?

Depends on exactly what context you want it to work in.

- If you want the handler to be available throughout your application (once
built), put it in the stack script of the main stack. (That is, the stack
that will be the main stack of the standalone file.)

- If you want the handler to be available whenever you're in the
development environment, the best solution is probably a plugin.

>Come to think of it, what is the message hierarchy in Rev?

Take a look at "About Messages and the Message Path" in the Encyclopedia.
It's similar to HyperCard's, but not identical.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/