Dev Project

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Apr 13 15:21:01 EDT 2002

On Saturday, April 13, 2002, at 04:10 AM, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:

> Actually, what you need is for the stack to be something other than
> topLevel. This means you can change it to be a palette, modeless
> dialog, or
> modal dialog.

Thanks!

> The cantModify doesn't affect the pointer-versus-browse tool.
> (You can change the cantModify back and forth as often as you want,
> though.)

Uh.  It does for me.  In some contexts I have to click browse and
then arrow to see the affect.

> You can either use the
> command in a script, or if the stack is already open, use the
> contextual
> menu to switch back and forth.

Control click on a window that is modeless does nothing.  The
object menu allows me to get to the card and stack properties under
some conditions--when no topLevel is available?  But, stack
properties don't control style.  I found two ways:

1.  Type in a line in the message box.
2.  Ta-Dah!  The GO menu comes alive in the Application Overview if
a stack is selected.  It does just what I want!  Cool!

I've been having trouble editing the revExample plugin.  I have no
control-click menu and in most contexts can't get to the card or
stack properties.  The style is topLevel and cantModify is false,
so I'm baffled.  I'll put this aside for now.

> I'm actually not completely sure how you'd go about this, because the
> script editor may have different names depending on the
> circumstances. (All

I might settle on putting text into the clipboard until the plugins
get an SDK interface.

Dar Scott