Cross-platform XCMDs?

David Kwinter dk42 at mac.com
Sat Apr 13 00:30:01 EDT 2002

Thanks for the many suggestions with my recent bugs, this one however
may be of a trickier variety.

I'm trying to make an XCMD to read the headers out of Auto-Cad standard
.DWG files and return them as simple, delimited data.

I'm using the source code of a simple example C program -
http://www.OpenDWG.org/ - and learning along the way - putting it into
the shell XCMD I found in the XCMD cookbook -
http://www.mactech.com/articles/mactech/Vol.04/04.06/XCMDCookBook/

In the code the top line of the following chunk confuses me. Is it
possible to make a cross platform external? Does anyone know if I need
to work with OpenDWG's C code for their Windows example program instead?

#define exampleprintf printf  /* defined as something else for Windows
pgms */

#include "prnstuff.h"      /* this file contains routines for printing
out */
                            /* various info being read to verify that
the */
                            /* program is working */

#include "odio.h"

I don't see many external issues on this list, but I think this problem
could provide some fundamental info for all. Thanks for any help.

David Kwinter
(Proud New Revolution Developer) - btw, I'd contribute more these day
but I've been having exams.