About the milliseconds function

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Apr 10 16:23:00 EDT 2002

On Wednesday, April 10, 2002, at 12:41 PM, Dar Scott wrote:

> Avoid calling milliseconds() in functions and called handlers.
> (There is also something weird about the latter and milliseconds()
> and I haven't figured it out yet.)

I now think there is no problem with milliseconds() in functions
and called handlers.  It is something else.

I first noticed something weird when my UDP test stack logged
packets received before they came in.  I now think that some
operations on fields take negative time.  I expect to track this
down in a week or two.  At that time I'll use a loop to accumulate
negative time and send a UDP note to me.  I expect to find an extra
packet received by my test software with a message explaining the
whole thing.  I hope this will be today.  I'll forward the note to
the list should this happen.

Dar Scott