Custom property settings

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Apr 10 12:09:47 EDT 2002

>I am trying to create a few custom properties, for the
>"do" command, via clicking on the custom tab in the
>properties palette:

Hi Steve,

If you'll entertain a foolesh question, are you sure you need the do
command for what you are doing?

The do command is only needed when the logic to be executed must be
determined at runtime.  Is it not possible to achieve your goal using
the send command?

on doItToMe
   set the exampleThing of the target to whateverProp -- There may be
more to this, I have not used custom props
end doItToMe

if the above handler is in the card script,

on preOpenCard
   doItToMe
end preOpenCard

should do what you want; otherwise try