Newbie question

Klaus Major k_major at osnabrueck.netsurf.de
Mon Apr 8 13:40:01 EDT 2002

Hi Eddie,

> I'm new to RR, but have long experience with HyperCard. After playing
> with RR for a few days, I've come across an issue (problem?) that would
> affect how useful it might be to me.
>
> I'm interested in compiling a database application (using cards as
> records) for Windows (I use a Mac), but compiled stacks don't seem to
> be able to add new cards. Am I missing something obvious? Must data be
> held in a text file and imported at startup? (I don't want to use an
> external database as Valentina is too expensive for me to license.)
>
> Eddie

standalones (compiled applications) cannot be saved.
Neither on a Mac nor on Windows...

But you can save stacks that are not part of the standalone.

So keep your stack outside the application and it can be saved.

No need for heavy text-data importing routines ;-)
(Depends on the amount of data, that your database will have to
handle...)

Hope this helps.

If you need further instructions on how and why, just drop a line :-)

Regards

Klaus Major
k_major at osnabrueck.netsurf.de