progress bar

yves COPPE yvescoppe at skynet.be
Mon Apr 8 13:21:01 EDT 2002

>on xxx
>    put the number of cds of this stack into tCards
>    put the long name of sb "le_progresse" of cd x of stack "B" into le_prog
>    ## this put something like "scrollbar id 1003 of cd id 1004 of
>stack xxx" into the var,
>    ### so you can refer to it with just a single word ;-), makes not
>much sense in this
>   ### example, but you get the picture...
>
>    set the endvalue of le_prog to tCards
>     ## so you don't have to count before ;-)
>
>    palette "B"
>    ##or whatsoever...
>
>    repeat with x = 1 to tCards
>        set cursor to busy
>        ### so you have this nice spinning beach-ball
>
>        set the thumbpos of le_prog to x
>        ### set the progressbar
>        ### do your card-stuff here
>        ### if possible, do NOT go to cd x, this will speed up things
>heavily :-)
>        ###  my script : go to cd x ...
>    end repeat
>    close stack "B"
>end xxx
>
>Hope this helps.

Dear klaus,

Try this :

on mouseUp
   lock screen
   put the number of cds of this stack into tcards
   put the long name of sb "le_progresse" of cd 1 of stack "B" into le_prog
   set the endvalue of le_prog to tcards
   palette "B"
   repeat with x = 1 to tcards
     set cursor to busy
     set the thumbpos of le_prog to x
     go cd x
     put return & fld "test" after myVar
     wait 1 sec --just to see what happens !
   end repeat
   go cd 1
   filter myVar with "*?"
   unlock screen
   close stack "B"
   answer myVar
end mouseUp

You will see that the "loc screen" doesn't work : you see the script
going from cd to cd

So I want something that
1) show the progression of stack B
2) doesn't show the progression from card to card in stack A

is it possible ?

thanks.
--
Greetings.