1.1.1 is now shipping!

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Fri Apr 5 11:35:01 EST 2002

Hi Everyone,

I am pleased to announce the release of Revolution version 1.1.1.

This release brings improved product stability, a enhanced Internet library,
better database support and improvements to the documentation.  There is
also new pricing.  This release is a must have for all Revolution
developers, please download it now.  The URL for the downloads page is:

http://www.runrev.com/revolution/downloads/downloads.html

Note that some early builds of 1.1.1 have been available for a few days:
though these were not announced to this list while final checks were
performed.  If you want to ensure you have the latest version, check that
the Read Me file says "build release 2", or that the revAppVersion()
function returns 1.1.1r2.

Pricing changes:

- The Small Business Edition, priced at $299, replaces the Standard
Edition. The Small Business Edition includes all the features of the
Standard Edition, plus all upgrades for a year, and its price represents a
$50 savings from the Standard Edition.  If you're an existing Standard
Edition user and want to upgrade free (with the one year of upgrades simply
back dated to your date of purchase) please contact heather at runrev.com.
(Note that there is a new restriction on this license - you may purchase a
maximum of three copies per organization and may not mix this license type
with other license types in an organization.)

- The Student-Teacher Edition, priced at $99, is available to all students
and K-12 teachers. The features are identical to the Small Business
Edition with the exception of the restrictions on commercial software
distribution common to all the educational licenses.

These options join the existing license types, which include the
Professional Edition at $995, the K-12 Classroom Edition at $25 per user in
quantities of ten or more, and the Professional Educational Edition, which
offers the features of the Professional Edition at half price for
college-level educators. Substantial multi-user discounts are also
available.

We now offers now enterprise-level options, which will include custom
technical support, customization and training options, tied to a custom
Installation License.  If you are interested, please contact
support at runrev.com to discuss your requirements.

A brand new licensing FAQ (thanks to the feedback from the "early adopters"
who read the previous version and sincere apologies for the confusion whilst
this was revised, and the backtrack and additions to aspects of this, we'll
be more careful next time) - is available at:

http://www.runrev.com/revolution/licensesfaq.html

As a result of a growing customer base, the new lower priced options and
general feedback, access to new alpha and beta test releases of Revolution
is going to be restricted to Professional License holders from now on.  The
improve-revolution list will consequently be restricted to Professional
users shortly.  I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on
that list for their extensive feedback and testing to date.

1.1.1 has been a long haul for our team - a much longer release schedule
than we expected.  It has taken longer to manage growing the team, building
on our strategy, and respond to as much of the feedback about the product as
we could.  Its our best release yet, and our team is now more robust than
ever, I hope that the new lower pricing / all inclusive Small Business
Edition and Student Teacher Edition will be popular with those of you to
whom it is aimed.

Enjoy!

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!
Tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.