RR now charging royalties

Marian.Petrides at sm11.texas.rr.com Marian.Petrides at sm11.texas.rr.com
Fri Apr 5 09:53:07 EST 2002

I have a real problem with this.  First of all, I do not recall this
being in any license agreement I have already entered into with RunRev
although I have not had time to check.  If that is the case, the change
is being made ex-post-facto and probably can not be enforced against
early adopters (people who entered into a contract w RunRev prior to the
change.)

I develop educational software to use with medical students, residents,
etc.  While there may be only a single copy on the server, many
individuals have access to it.  Ideally, it will be available to anyone
who wants it hospital/medical school-wide.

I am in the process of developing similar software to be distributed by
the American Assn of Blood Banks.  Once I deliver it to them, they make
the marketing decisions.  And a number of purchasers are probably going
to want to use it for the same purposes I outline above.

If I can not be certain that I will be adhering to the licensing
agreement, I will not develop in Rev--which is a shame.

Kevin, I am more than glad to carry on any further discussion off-list
if you wish.   However,  I think that regardless of how my individual
situation gets resolved, RunRev needs to reconsider this position and/or
make the specific provisions clearer.

Thanks.

Marian