It were reet grand in't owd days

Michael Foy mike at essex-web.com
Fri Apr 5 09:51:02 EST 2002

paper tape, yoo were lucky, we used to dream of paper tape, well actually
punched card was much better than paper tape, I have a couple of old hand
card punches at home, hoping that one day they will be worth some money :-)

being able to read paper tape or punched cards is a lost art, I still get
looks at people at work  when I tell them the ascii code for a letter
without looking it up, the youth of today.....

1975 teletype clunkers and a remote acoustic coupled pdp something at the OU
,ally pally, newcastle or bletchly.

I quite agree with a nice (free) day of revolution learning, I can make
Londo no trouble :-)

miock