RR now charging less for many users (was Re: RR now chargingroyalties)

Yates, Glen JAMES.G.YATES at saic.com
Thu Apr 4 15:25:00 EST 2002

Looks like their License still needs clarification, because as I interpret
it, in the example listed below, you would not have to pay Revolution.

According to the license, "If you are installing software created with
Revolution on more than ten machines in a single commercial organization you
need an installation license." This says to me that the person responsible
for installing the software on more than 10 machines needs to purchase the
'installation license', i.e. the person that downloaded it and is
distributing it in their business not the shareware developer who may have
no knowledge of who has their software or how many copies exist.

This license opens up a can of worms, and can never be enforced as currently
written.

Oh well, just one more reason I'll stick with Metacard, I'd rather crash
once or twice a week instead of once or twice an hour anyway.

-Glen Yates