templates request

SB sbeadle at umich.edu
Tue Apr 2 16:56:00 EST 2002

Hi,
To help introduce people to the power and ease and usefulness of Rev,
it would be great if the wizard folks out there could construct and
post some really basic stack templates that will work cross-platform.

And I mean REALLY basic-- even the employee database is quite
sophisticated and can be hard to modify for a beginner with little
coding experience, despite  Richard's great commenting.  It would be
wonderful to be able to start out, customize a stack, and have it
WORK (and even SAVE!) on your first venture in from Hypercard, or
from no programming experience at all.

to start, how about templates for:
* A stack that saves notes or other data to a text file.
* A stack that saves notes or other data to a stack. (one using a
spash screen, one not)
* A stack that has a basic set of buttons in a cross-platform menu
such as: save, new, deletecard, previous, and next.

(I suspect the Rev staff gets a lot of questions about these topics,
judging from the number of help and tips items written about
them--maybe the templates could help.)

Could the stacks then be posted on the Rev site?  Perhaps eventually
have sets of templates included with REV, like those included in
Appleworks or FileMaker.  Maybe even some targeted to specific
audiences-- education, medical, business, home tasks, etc.

Sandy