Adding Objects to Groups
tedl at voyager.net
Fri Nov 30 14:35:01 EST 2001
Re: Adding objects to groups
On Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:02:19
Ben Rubinstein wrote in part:
>I've never whinged about lack of information on how to create objects in an
>existing group - it was how to add an existing object to an existing group
>that I couldn't find information on.
Ben, from this post, I'm not sure whether you're just commenting on a lack of
documentation, or whether you haven't yet found a way to actually do the task.
Here's how I do it:
1. Copy the existing object to the clipboard.
2. Select the group you want to add the object to.
3. Select *Edit Group* in the Object menu.
4. Paste the object from the clipboard (it now becomes part of the group).
5. Select *Stop Editing Group* in the Object menu.
6. Delete the original object.
More information about the use-livecode