[Use-revolution] Re: Rev 1.1 External Collection?

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Wed Nov 28 15:00:01 EST 2001

On 22/11/01 7:52 pm, Peter Reid <preid at reidit.co.uk> wrote:

> Anyone worked out how to use the Externals Collection with Rev 1.1?
> I thought the features of the External Collection were being
> incorporated into Rev 1.1, but I can't see how and where.
>
> In particular, I'm looking for the equivalent to "ext_openFile" which
> will open a file in it's associated application.  This works better
> than the "launch" command since it takes care of whether the
> application is open already.
>
> I'd like to produce a Mac OS X version of my stack and the original
> External Collection is not usable in this situation.  Anyone found
> how to do this?

A version of this external for Revolution 1.1 and OS X is in the works.  As
this external is now free I'm not sure when it will be completed but
hopefully it won't take too long.

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!
Tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.