[Use-revolution] RE: Player Standalone auto-updates from Web

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Nov 27 21:31:15 EST 2001

Matt,

Thanks for your kind words. I just started using RR this week and am not
completely 'tuned in.' I used to do SuperCard stuff years ago but quit when
I moved from Mac to PC. It's amazing how quickly you pick it back up again.
I'd like to fine tune this project a bit before submitting it for posting on
the RunRev website.

RR1.1 was most difficult starting up. The IDE doesn't seem to be debugged as
well as one might like. But I have to say, the plethora of commands,
handlers and functions now available is just astounding! Recently I saw a
friend of past years and he mentioned I should check this out. I'm hooked.

I explain the programming environment to others as a HyperCard / Java
hybrid. Syntax like HyperCard with performance better than compiled JAVA
(and compatibility too!) I programmed the CaptureJPG using the trial version
in a couple of hours as the first stack I tried. I did builds for Mac, PC,
and Linux and they all ran flawlessly! (can be downloaded at:
http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/Downloads.htm )

Very Impressive. My buddy who programs JAVA, C, Python, TKL, C++ etc said he
couldn't do the same and tested on all platforms in under 3 weeks! Kudos for
this programming environment!

-Chipp
(not Chuck;-)