[Use-revolution] Streaming Audio

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Nov 25 21:47:01 EST 2001

I'm having trouble getting started with playing streaming audio. I have
created a player which looks OK but does not respond to any mouse clicks
on the "volume" or "triangle" icons which are visible. I have pointed
the File Path properties to:
http://stream.qtv.apple.com/channels/wgbh/refs/radio1_ref.mov as a
reference. When I put that URL into the QuickTime Player URL field it
does work properly.

I have not made any script entries in the player nor have I made any
other buttons etc.

I can't seem to find much in the documentation regarding this.

What am I missing?

I understand that streaming audio is not restricted to QuickTime. Both
Audion and iTunes supports the streaming audio I want to hear. Is this
true? If so, does Rev support streaming audio (I think it is streaming
MP3)?

The remaining thing I want to do is to save a collected stream as a MP3
file on disk for playback later. Does Rev support that? If so, how?

Thanks
Bill Vlahos