[Use-revolution] Re: Dead rev stack

andu undo at cloud9.net
Fri Nov 23 21:05:01 EST 2001

"Mark MacKenzie (Shaw)" wrote:

> Interesting that you should write about this at this moment.
>
> I have what I think is a similar problem which began last evening.  I am
> running development on a PC WinME.
>
> I would like to know the answers to your questions my self.
>
> When this kind of thing happens in iShell we can open the .k files in a word
> process and hunt down the codes involved and hopefully get a working program
> back which can then be built back.
>
> I guess we need a "Road Map" on what to look for when using a text editor to
> look at the .rev stacks.  Something to help us separate out sub-stacks into
> either editable projects for error trapping or in a "limb lopping off"
> operation to pare the error causing stacks from the main stack so that we
> can begin the recovery process.
>
> Maybe we can use the debug abilities of Rev to run defective stacks in a
> command line like atmosphere.  This may already exist and I just haven't got
> familiar with it.
>
> Regards Mark MacKenzie

Here's how:
first make a new stack to copy the substack's script to and do the
following in the message box.
put the script of stack <the name of substack here> into temp
set the script of stack <the name of substack here> to empty
set the script of stack <the name of new stack here> to temp
save stack <the name of substack here>
save stack <the name of new stack here>

Also you can comment the stack script by script.

> > This stack was writen in rev 1.0 Same problem in rev 1.1 and different Mac
> > OS

Andu