[Use-revolution] Re: Animation Question

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Fri Nov 23 02:12:01 EST 2001

At 12:18 PM -0800 11/20/2001, Magnus Stark wrote:
>I am wondering if Revolution can do controlled animations? With
>HyperCard we could make a controlled animation, such as have a button
>that I set a sequence of setting icon images to repeat through, and the
>sequence of icons to view through would be different depending on the
>situation (such as a man running change to walking) - however, the
>limitation was that since we're setting the icon image of the button, we
>were limited to black/white 32x32 icons or whatever the size was.

I think Scott's already discussed animated GIF control, but in answer to
this part of your question, Rev supports icons of any size and full color,
so you can do this sort of animation with fewer limitations in Rev.

Revolution icons aren't ICON resources [since those are Mac-specific];
instead, an icon is just an image. You set the icon property to the image
name or ID to change the icon.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!