Opening a PDF

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Mon Dec 31 12:19:11 EST 2001

Hello,

I'm sure this topic has already been dealt with before (I can't be the first
one who wanted to do this), but, does anyone know a way to open a pdf file
without knowing the path to Acrobat? (I need to do this on both Mac and
Windows)

As far as I know, the only way to do this is:

launch "/HardDrive/aFolder/mypdf.pdf" with <Acrobat>

But, you have to know the path to <Acrobat>.

If you know how to do this, I would love it if you can provide a code
snippet.  Also, how do you know if it was successful?  I would like to
present a dialog to the user if Acrobat isn't installed.

Thank you in advance for your time,

Dan Friedman
ClearVision Technologies, Inc.