Selecting a word

John johng at cablespeed.com
Thu Dec 20 13:45:02 EST 2001

On Tuesday, December 18, 2001, at 02:47 PM, Arthur Makosinski wrote:

Hi,
I am having a problem finding a command to select a word and put it into
a container. In Hypercard I use to use a function with these lines:

click at the clickloc
click at the clickloc
put the selection into container

But this does not seem to work with revolution.

Snip....

    To get the text that has just been clicked try something like:

  put the clicktext into field "testing"

I have used "click at 'point'" before without any difficulty.  Are you
clicking the right spot?  I am new to Rev also so I don't know if it
makes a difference but I have not used "the" before the clickloc.

John Miskimins