How do I set the textStyle from a button?

David Epstein depstein at att.net
Tue Dec 18 19:19:00 EST 2001

I understand that "traversalOn" makes it so that pressing a button doesn't
lose your selection.  But I can't get this to work when the button is a pull
down menu in a palette, i.e., it's not in the same stack as the insertion
point.  Is there a solution or workaround for this?

P.S.:  In MetaCard, the pull-down menu in palette B doesn't lose a selection
of text in stack A; but it does lose an insertion point.  In Revolution, it
appears that either a selection or an insertion point is lost.

Many thanks.

David Epstein