How do I set the textStyle from a button?

Arthur Evans Jr evans at evans.pgh.pa.us
Mon Dec 17 20:04:00 EST 2001

>Every time I try from a button:
>
>on mouseUp
>    set the textStyle of the SelectedChunk to bold
>end mouseUp
>
>it doesn't work. It turns out that when the button is pressed, the focus
>leaves the field and the selectedChunk is now empty.

I've just started on Revolution, but I'll hazard an answer based on
my Hypercard experience.  If Rev works differently here, I'm sure
someone will jump on me.

If the auto-lite of a button is true (in HC), then poking that
button deselects whatever is selected.  Try turning off the
auto-hilite of the button.

Cheerrs!

Art Evans