Maximize an Application Window

William T. Simmons tsimmons at employmentlawadvisors.com
Sat Dec 15 03:09:01 EST 2001

Gene,
Here's some help in the "any" category - let's hope you get more qualified
help after this. In the Transcript Dictionary, the topic on the
"decorations" propery might help you, if the application you want to
maximize from code is the Rev-built application itself. If you're talking
about using the Rev-built application to start another application and
maximize the other application's window, I'm not aware of a way to do that
directly using Transcript. I know you can do it in a roundabout way, using a
WinHelp file with a suitable "EF" macro to start the other app and use the
"SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED" display-state setting in the macro to maximize the other
app's window, but that is, of course, not the straightforward way you might
be asking about (if you're even talking about this at all). If you are
trying to do this second thing, hopefully someone else will write in on that
and let you know how to do it directly from within the Rev-built application
(I would like to know that myself). Good luck!
Tommy Simmons
Employment Law Advisory Network, Inc.
www.employmentlawadvisors.com

P.S. FWIW, if you want to know about how to do it using a WinHelp file, just
let me know. The cool thing about using WinHelp for that is you can design
it as a bare-bones window, w/o the standard menus and buttons, making it
appear to be just another window in your application, and use it to open
multiple files with the same application, none of which have to be closed
before the others can open. Unfortunately, that "helper file" requires the
standard WinHelp engine on Windows and thus doesn't translate directly to
Mac or Unix. :-(  Anyway, I'll be looking forward to hearing from a
Transcript guru on this.