Mac/Windows Fonts

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Sat Dec 8 21:29:01 EST 2001

At 5:45 AM -0800 12/8/2001, Wolfgang M. Bereuter wrote:
>Verdana (some more to, have a look at M$ page) is the font especially
>designed from M$ for the Screen. It comes with IE so nearly every Mac User
>has it on his system to.

It's also the font the docs are in on Windows and Mac, just as a data point.

>I m dreaming of a feature (wishlist was sent to kevin) for a future
>distribution builder: a feature that changes the font size "one up" for the
>win version and "one down" for a Mac version: f.e. db changes all Verdana 9
>to Verdana 10 for Mac standallone)

You can do this already actually with the Profile Manager. All you need to
do is set up a profile for each object whose fontsize is set - one profile
for Mac and one for Windows in this case - and then choose the appropriate
profile in Distribution Builder when you're building the standalone.

It's not completely automatic, but you only need to do it once, and in most
stacks you won't need to do it for many objects - just those whose font
size you've set.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!