Storing Scripts

Matt Denton matt.denton at limelight.com.au
Wed Dec 5 02:22:01 EST 2001

Hi List,

I'm trying to work out a way to create a central place to store a series
of handlers specific to a type of field I have created: the field simply
automatically opens to the maximum depth, resizes when typed in, and
closes when you leave the field.

My first idea was to place the handlers in a group.  No good, placed
other 'group movent' restrictions, but kind of right idea.

Next idea was in the card Script.  No good, this would trap field events
(openField etc) for fields that I didn't want trapped.

Next idea: Insert Script command. Again trapped events for fields that I
didn't want trapped.

Of course I could write:

on openField
	goDoSomething
end openField

on closeField
	goDoSomethingElse
end closeField

etc

but that would mean updates would require adding to every single field.
So is there a way to say:

"send all messages for this field to this script".

... sort of an insert script command but at an object level.  I'm sure
this OO scenario has been worked out, I just don't know how to do it
yet.. oui [ ] non [ ]?  Group scripts exhibit this behavior; just need a
group script that doesn't group the object's movement.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matt Denton