resolution stats

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jun 25 08:43:00 EDT 2003

Do any of you have a link to current stats of the marketshare for various
default screen resolutions?

My specific question today is: What percentage of computer users are running
a resolution of 1024x768 or greater?  Extra bonus points if we can turn up
something that shows cross-tabs with demographic data.

I'm wondering when it will become a good idea to start optimizing screen
layouts for larger resolutions, when the majority will move past 800x600.
Of course it would still be desirable to suport 800x600 for the next few
years, just wondering if designing to optimize for that resolution is a
mistake vs. focusing on making things look especially good at 1024x768....