Safari SDK

Rodney Tamblyn rodneytamblyn at paradise.net.nz
Tue Jun 24 07:01:00 EDT 2003

I see that Safari 1.0 has been officially released today, and
accompanying it, the Safari SDK which allows HTML rendering to be added
to other applications.  Seems like a good candidate to explore for
extending the altBrowser concept to MacOSX...

R.

-- from tidbits
Safari 1.0 and SDK Released -- Apple's Safari Web browser has
officially been set loose in the wild. Safari 1.0 was released today
via Software Update and as a separate 6.2 MB download. According to
Apple, this release improves Web standards compatibility, is available
in all Mac OS X languages, and is now the default Mac OS X browser
(supplanting Microsoft Internet Explorer, which was recently put into
maintenance mode; see TidBITS-684 for details). More Safari-related
AppleScript scripts appeared today as well. Apple also released a
Safari software development kit (SDK) to enable developers to access
Safari's HTML rendering engine from their applications. The lack of a
good system-wide HTML rendering engine has hurt many applications, so
we expect HTML display and rendering to improve throughout the
Macintosh world as developers take advantage of Safari. [JLC]

--
Rodney Tamblyn
44 Melville Street