Directory to URL?

sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Fri Jun 20 14:24:01 EDT 2003

>Is it possible to set the directory to a Web-based URL to get a list of
>files?
>
>I've been trying the following without success:
>
>   set the directory to url "http://www.myserver.com/test/"
>   set the directory to url "ftp://ftp.myserver.com/test/"
>   set the directory to url "ftp://uname:pword@ftp.myserver.com/test/"
>
>Result = "Can't open directory."
>
>Am I missing the obvious?

I can do this with my account by using the following:

   put url  "ftp://username:password@www.ezpzapps.com/public_html/"

For access I need to use the public_html link to get to the server space
provided for me and then whatever dir I want.

  By doing so I get the usual server welcome/information data plus the following
data with the file list -  Name	Size	Kind	Last Modified

HTH

sims