How do you join lines in a container

Sadhunathan Nadesan sadhu at castandcrew.com
Thu Jun 12 13:28:00 EDT 2003

| >   repeat for each line x in keywords
| >     put x && " :---: " && sqlData[x] & cr
| >   end repeat
|
| Wouldn't this just show you the last entry in the keywords?  The keys

	Hi

	No, it works.

	As you surmise, the above snippet is not actually part of the
	intended solution, it's just debugging code to show what I got
	as keys in the keywords container, and as array values in the
	sqlData array.  It works as intended, namely, it show every
	key and every value indexed by that key.

| This little test worked as I expected:
|
| on mouseUp
|    put field "Input" into theArray
|    split theArray by LF and "|"
|    put keys(theArray) into theKeys
|    put theKeys & LF into field "Report"
|    combine theArray by LF and "|"
|    put theArray after field "Report"
|   -- From Sadhu's code...
|    repeat for each line x in theKeys
|      put x && " :---: " && theArray[x] & cr
|    end repeat
| end mouseUp

	Ok, you are using LF and that is working for you, but not for
	me.  Hmm...  what platform are you on?

	Well, maybe its a problem unique to Linux?  I tried about
	everything I could think of, LF, newline, numToChar(10), CR,
	etc, to try to split the array and it would not split right.

	Or maybe it is a bug in an older version of MC I'm using on my
	home box, I'll try it on a newer engine.