How do you join lines in a container

Sadhunathan Nadesan sadhu at castandcrew.com
Thu Jun 12 13:23:00 EDT 2003

| Allo Sadhu,
|
| > set itemdel to "|"
| > tune your metatalk code

	Bonjour Pierre,

	Ok, I'm not sure exactly what that means but it looks like what
	it means from reading the Transcript dictionary is, change
	the default item delimter in a container from comma to pipe.
	Ah, well, ok, I will try that but it doesn't seem to address
	the question.  Let me try again.

	What I have in the container is a bunch of lines.

	I want to join them into one long line.

	It doesn't matter if the items in each line are separated by |
	or not, or if there is only one item on each line.  I just want
	to join the lines, or in other words, get rid of the end of
	line characters.

	How do I do that?

	Merci!!

	Sadhu