FTP File Access Trouble

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Jun 11 07:36:00 EDT 2003

I'm trying to use MC to save a stack to a password protected directory on a
server.  I created a designated username/password for the directory and I am
using the past-offered convention for assembling the destination filepath:

put the fileName of the topStack into tSourceURL
put ("ftp://" & tName & ":" & tPass & \
   "@ftp.myserver.com/special/mystack.mc") into tDestURL
put url ("binfile:"&tSourceURL) into url tDestURL

The result is an error from the server reading "Error 550. Access denied by
ACL."  I assume this means the server is denying access to the
username/password I'm supplying in the above string.

However, I have no problem accessing the destination directory using an FTP
tool with the same login info provided in tName and tPass.  Also, if I
replace the tName/tPass variables with those of the server's admin login
info, the script works fine.

So I have to assume the server is expecting something that I (or MC) is not
providing in the case of the designated username/password.  Any ideas how I
troubleshoot this?

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director