Option button oddity

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 6 10:33:01 EDT 2003

>Shari,
>
>There is one simple solution but it's not for every use...
>though I dont see why not... Here's the script I include in all my
>option buttons:
>
>on mouseenter
>   -- any preconfig
>   --
>   get the number of lines in me
>   if it > the menulines of me then set the menulines of me to it
>   pass mouseenter
>end mouseenter
>
>this will make the first x lines always visible in your menu.

Thanks.

That's what I've done with the button.  Though research on other
option buttons on the same card show that all seem to be preset to 5
menulines, yet operate properly regardless of how many lines are in
them.  Very odd indeed!

  The button in question has been set to 7 now, but I am a bit worried
as to whether I should update ALL option buttons in the stack (and
there are a bunch of the buggers).  Not knowing what caused the
problem, and hating bug reports in my mailbox, I like to be
pro-active in preventing them.

I see you didn't set it just once, but have it reset itself on entry.
Have you had a problem with buttons resetting themselves?

Shari C
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com