Importing (& streamlining) EPS

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Fri Jun 6 04:06:00 EDT 2003

Simplest Linear interpolation:

f(x) = x1 + (abs(x2 - x1) / 2) (given x1 < x2) - the abs() is the absolute
function (x>0) just in case you want to skip checking x1<x2)

but here is a web page that describes another approach which is more
formal and probably
more correct for other applications where time is involved for example...

http://www.cs.brown.edu/stc/outrea/greenhouse/nursery/interpolation/formal.html

Xavier Bury
TNS NT LAN Server
ext 6465