HyperCard Porting

eric.allen.engle at justice.com eric.allen.engle at justice.com
Wed Jun 4 15:13:00 EDT 2003

> FWIW, I've never knowingly compacted a stack before
> importing it - and never
> seen a problem caused by this - but it can't hurt!

Actually the metaCard documentation explicitly says you
should (i.e. must) compact stacks before importing
them. And I have had this cause runtime errors, though
sometimes they are not as dramatic as a system crash.

It's in the documentation for a reason. All those stray
code snippets can bite back in unforseen ways.

My Home Page with free online legal information
Page perso avec liens juridiques

http://www.lexnet.bravepages.com/ind.htm