2.5 drag and drop

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 3 17:05:02 EDT 2003

on Tue Jun 3 05:42:00 2003
LiangTyan Fui wrote:

>I've managed to grab files dragging from Finder
>into MetaCard 2.5 by using the newly implemented
>drag-and-drop. The dragData furnished with files
>and path.

After Scott Raney implemented this, I've been
testing other apps to check their support of
drag and drop.
For me, drag and drop only work on fields,
not on cards.
Had anyone had success draging and droping on
a card?

>But how do I reverse the process?
>[snip]
>Let say I have objects in a stack, when user
>drag one of the objects out of
>stack and drop it into the Finder,
>all I need is the path to the Finder
>window and export the related files
>(it could be png graphic).
>Anyone done that? On Windows too?

When you drag a file from the finder you get
a path to the file. Then to write a file to
the finder, probably you export the image:

export image ID 9234 to
URL "binfile:Desktop/next.png"

or a similar path...

But, How do you get the path if you are dragging
to a folder in a removible disk or to another
application that supports drag and drop?

Alejandro

=====
Useful sites:
http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/metacard/tips/ and /revolution/tips/