Importing EPS

Karl Becker karl at karlbecker.com
Mon Jun 2 17:55:01 EDT 2003

Is there any way to import EPS files as actual graphic objects in
MetaCard?

I was under the impression this could be done, as I always saw the
"EPS" tab on the Import stack.  However, I just tried it out, and it
doesn't really import anything from an EPS file created with
Illustrator 8.  This happens on Mac OS X 10.2.6.

After reading the documentation, it says only UNIX/X11 systems can
display EPS.  Is this true?  If so, I'm a bit worried about a project I
have to do where I was almost positive I could import EPS objects as
graphics objects.

Has anyone developed an alternate way of creating graphic objects out
of EPS files?

Karl