CharToNum Depricated??

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Sep 18 11:41:23 EDT 2024

Thanks Jacqueline. I knew about the binary thing. I just thnik that silent conversions are a violation of the of principle of low level file operations. The whole point to low level file functions is so that what you write is what you get, and what you read is what you wrote.

But it’s water under the bridge now. I’m even thinking about going through all my code and ensuring that all reads and writes are binary, and that all line endings are CRLF.

Bob S