What video formats work on Windows?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Mon Oct 14 07:08:06 EDT 2024

On 2024-10-14 10:12, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:
> don't have a license yet, so is the Windows player object "en par" with
> the Mac version now?
> Especially the feature that setting the "playrate" of a player does not
> affect the PITCH?

Largely yes - although, as ever, what is actually supported (in true
Windows style) depends on the actual codec used :|

Things like negative playRate, for example, don't seem to be supported
by any of the standard windows ones (including mp4).

In terms of pitch adjustment when using a different playRate then again
it is dependent on codec...

However, I've just tested a sample mp4 in Windows and macOS - and it
*sounds* like they do a similar thing - so for mp4 at least we appear to
have almost complete parity.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Build Amazing Things