Snapshot question

Neville Smythe neville.smythe at optusnet.com.au
Fri May 31 21:30:25 EDT 2024

Many thanks Craig and Bernd for your suggestions

Craig: Unfortunately the docs say revRotatePoly only works with lines, curves and polygons

Bernd: Oh! Yes, exporting as png does work to give transparent corner bits! Obvious now!

I think I had briefly considered this and rejected it because at the time I was conflating the problem with an issue I am going to have later in my project. The roundrect graphics are going to be used as niches for a collection of images: the images should be scaled and rotated to fit the graphic object (or now its png alter-ego). Now while referenced images such as png’s can be rotated (more precisely, have their angle set) they lose their scaling, reverting to their native size; and rotated images cannot be scaled (why?? Rather a strange restriction. I think the graphical engine for LC is showing its age rather badly). Which somehow led me to think I had to use the bitmap form for snapshots. But if I place and scale the original image, then export that as a png,  the exported image should have the required size and so can then be rotated without changing its size. I hope.

Neville