Saving data in standalone

Craig Newman craig at starfirelighting.com
Thu May 16 16:24:54 EDT 2024

There is much discussion about this on the forum.

The contents of the executable, the actual standalone you make from a stack, cannot be saved by any OS. I use what is know as the “Splash Stack” method, alluded to by Paul above.

In the Application Builder of the stack you are making the actual standalone from, you can add any number of stack files. These are files that contain any number of stack and substacks.

My standalone is never used for anything but navigating to other stacks attached to it. Once navigation is effected, the splash stack hides itself, its entire purpose fulfilled.

Takes just little practice. You can make one right now with two stacks in two separate stack files. Have the executable one go to the other one, and you are on your way.

Craig