Supress Standalone Builder Warnings

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Mon May 6 07:48:22 EDT 2024

Bob:

 > Yes but as I mentioned, that did not work for me.

You used something DIFFERENT (a partial implementation) so different
results -

That’s fine; it’s just not this particular workaround! 😊

I think you misread a code comment, now edited for clarity....

 > I still got the two messages after the first build,
 > then messages for ALL my subsequent stack files

That’s what the last part does: close (‘delete’) any ADDITIONAL
problematic main stacks in memory -

(NOT the build stack again!) - to avoid subsequent dialogs.

Then ... smooth building, here, ever since.

Your auto detection effort would be very useful, but just manually
identify the SPECIFIC problem stacks, per the dialogs – and ‘delete’ the
MAIN stacks thereof in the code.

If more than a couple main stacks to delete, I would use repeat with a
test or try. Likewise, the isBuildingStandalone() function from Panos
could provide a more specific closestack trigger if needed for splash
stack, but I haven’t tried it in this workaround.

Whether behaviors or other issues could ever require an extra step,
obviously we CAN enjoy the same build experience as pre-2020 SB, by
simply using the same techniques! Just as I have.

 > [Standalone Builder] ought to just work out of the box

YES! Reported (again) to LC yet?

It is a bug/defect, but that was denied at the time.

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Radically Innovative Christian LiveCode Development
"PASSION for Elegant, Efficient Code!"
http://livecodeconsulting.com/