Supress Standalone Builder Warnings

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Fri May 3 11:38:43 EDT 2024

Bob:

 > I have about had it with the Standalone asking me if I want to
 > save, purge or cancel for stacks that are already open.

Simplest way – In card 1 of main stack to build:

on closestack
    --- curryk 2020 no-purge LC build:
    if the environment is "development" then
       lock messages
       --- and only if add'l main stack issues:
       try
          # delete stack "XYZ"
       end try
    end if
end closestack

Jacqueline:

 > The engine used to lock messages when building a standalone
 > but that was changed 4 years ago.
 > Personally I think it causes more problems than it solves.

Indeed; WAY more.

Richard:

 > In MC building a standalone was not a disruptive process.
 > It shouldn't be in LC either, and certainly shouldn't
 > require modifying code just to build.

Amen! Well said.

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Radically Innovative Christian LiveCode Development
"PASSION for Elegant, Efficient Code!"
http://livecodeconsulting.com/