Revisiting Lock Screen

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Thu Mar 28 11:48:58 EDT 2024

there are many (many) datagrid functions and commands that unlock the
screen,
the behavior script for dg's is 11,597 lines long.
i started copying/pasting the signature of them, but finally decided there
were many too many. instead of deleting the rest of this post, i left them
in place.
i reiterate, i only went through around 2100 lines, or around 20% of the dg
behavior. i don't know how many more there are.

*command* _SetScrollbarWidth pWidth

*private* *command* _CreateDragImageFromControl pControl

*private* *command* _CreateDragImageFromIndex pIndex

*private* *command* _PositionDropIndicator pMouseH, pMouseV

*command* dgArrowKey pDirection

*command* dgMouseDown pMouseBtnNum

*command* EditCellOfIndex pColumn, pIndex

*command* EditKeyOfIndex pKey, pIndex

*command* DeleteIndexes pIndexes

*command* SortDataByKey pKey, pType, pDirection, pCaseSensitive

*command* ReverseSort pColumn

*command* HiliteAndStoreSortByColumn pColumn

*private* *command* _SortByColumn pColumn

*command* SortByColumn pColumn

*command* ResizeToFit

*private* *command* _DrawList

*command* dgResetList

*command* RefreshList

*command* ResetControl

*private* *command* _ResetAllControls

*private* *command* _ResetData

*private* *command* _ToggleVScrollBarVisibility pBoolean

*private* *command* _ToggleHScrollBarVisibility pBoolean

*private* *command* _DrawListWithProperties pStartingSequence,
pSetVScrollTo, pForceRefresh, pCallback, pCallbackContext

*private* *command* _DeleteControls

On Thu, Mar 28, 2024 at 11:31 AM Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <

> The issue may be with the datagrids. It appears that Lock Screen is not
> preventing changes to the datagrids from refreshing the screen.
>
> Bob S
>

> > On Mar 28, 2024, at 8:28 AM, Bob Sneidar <bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Craig thanks for responding. I am not updating fields per se as the
> only thing changing is the datagrid selection(s) and the status of the
> checkbox.
> >
> > Curiously I am not seeing the tab widget selection change but I am
> seeing the hiding and showing of the datagrids as each tab is selected.
> >
> > Bob S
> >

> >> On Mar 28, 2024, at 5:48 AM, Craig Newman via use-livecode <
> >>
> >> Bob.
> >>
> >> I have no idea what you are facing with such a basic issue. To be sure,
> please, somewhere in the stack you are having the issue, make a button and
> a field and run this:
> >>
> >> on mouseup
> >>
> >> lock screen  —comment out for the first run
> >>
> >> repeat 3
> >>
> >> put random(999) into fld 1
> >>
> >> wait 20
> >>
> >> end repeat
> >>
> >> end mouseup
> >>

> >> Do you see the two scenarios above working normally? That is, with the
> lock screen disabled, you see three numbers in succession, and with it
> enabled, you only see the last one?
> >>
> >> Craig

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."