Cursor Placement in MobileControl

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Wed Mar 6 22:04:42 EST 2024

we don't have a universal field widget, and, the existing controls don't
make it easy to do things like this.
there are often ways to overcome, just like there are in c, but that
doesn't mean i prefer c
or swift
or java
or xojo
sometimes workarounds are a means to identify opportunities to improve the
product.

On Wed, Mar 6, 2024 at 5:04 PM Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <

> Also, and without trying to put too fine a point on it, I’d like to
> reiterate that Livecode is much less like a furniture store, and more like
> an Ikea furniture factory, where there are lots of different parts, and
> bits to hold the furniture together, but theoretically you could make any
> kind of furniture you like. I think what you are asking for is a piece of
> furniture, when you already have everything necessary to make your own
> coffee table. :-)
>
> Bob S
>

> > On Mar 6, 2024, at 11:11 AM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
> >
> > it would be nice to have a universal field widget, and be able to have
> this
> > sort of behavior be part of it...

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."