url no longer working as expected

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Fri Jun 28 14:23:35 EDT 2024

Yes.

put url "https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/quote/SHEL.L/history/"

In the message box on 9.6.11 and 9.6.12 under Windows 11. Both return a
pile of HTML text that is all the formatting and CSS linked stuff to
show a "404" page.

This suggests that put URL is working and it is the Yahoo server that
returning a different page of HTML/CSS for the put vs when you enter the
URL in a browser (Firefox in my case, where I get the Yahoo finance data
for Shell, although I did have to respond to a Cookies dialog first).