eMail attachment: best practice?

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Thu Jun 27 03:51:13 EDT 2024

> Am 27.06.2024 um 02:48 schrieb Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> I wouldn't make anyone fill out anything. I'd just present a window for them to review, and POST it to my web site. The receiving CGI can do whatever I need.

I would say this always depends on the purpose the app is supposed to fulfill. In my private projects I am using quite often Livecode Server  as the backend for my LC apps, but I had some customer projects in the past where the customer wanted an app to send out e-mails  with special  attachments, like logfiles or reports or what ever and it had to be without user interaction.

In the days before tsNET I either used Shao Sean's e-mail library, Chip Walter's altEmailHarness or I called command line tools using shell function to get this done.