eMail attachment: best practice?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Jun 26 11:18:00 EDT 2024

You would need to present the user with an interface where they can enter their corporate or business SMTP information, then use that. But more mail providers are forcing MFA these days (as I mentioned) and Microsoft has even gone so far as to completely disable ALL SMTP relaying when Modern Security is enabled, and are progressively enforcing Modern Security permanently. Mail Clients that communicate with Office365 do not use SMTP, they use MAPI so they are not effected.

The only thing I can suggest is to subscribe to a web based SMTP relay. Bundle the cost of that (which isn’t very much) into the price of your product.

Bob S